We at Walker believe in creating something special. We bring children fun and engaging stories by the best authors and illustrators, which can be experienced in innovative ways. If you would like to be a part of this, please see below for our current vacancies. Plus, you can also check out our tweets for job alerts! Follow the bear here.
We are always on the lookout for talented people from a range of different backgrounds to work with us. We aim for diversity in our staff so that we will reflect more closely the community we work in and the people who we make our books for. As one step towards this, we have signed up to the Equip Publishing Equalities Charter.
If you would like to apply for any of these roles then send your CV along with a covering letter to Alexandra Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Business Affairs Admin Assistant (6 – 12 month contract)
Reporting to: Senior Business Affairs Manager
Key functions (under supervision) include:
- Handling/issuing licences for permission requests from external sources for the use of Walker controlled copyright material.
- Providing key administrative support to the Senior Business Affairs Manager and general administrative support to the rest of the Business Affairs & SR Compliance team where necessary.
- Setting up/running regular departmental Biblio reports relating to head contract expiries, overdue advances, unfulfilled agreements, development fees etc.
- Writing to authors, illustrators and/or agents promptly after monthly contracts report is produced to inform them of the sale of rights in their titles.
- Maintaining contract files and other day-to-day records
Would be advantageous for applicants to have some experience in contracts or a related field but not essential.
Excellent administrative and communication skills,
A good eye for detail,
Works well within a small team
Highly computer literate – Word, Excel and Biblio (in-house training provided).
Click here to download a full job description. To apply for this job email email@example.com with your cover letter and CV by 12th May 2015.
Job Title: Design Assistant
Department: Novelty Plus
Description: To provide general design and administration support across a range of projects in the Novelty department, reporting to the Art Director
Click here to download a full job description. To apply for this job email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV by friday 18th April.
Submitting Illustrations and Manuscripts:
If you would like to submit a manuscript or find out how to illustrate books for us please visit the Your Questions page here
Work Experience & Internships:
We now offer work experience placements in specific departments. Applications are accepted for over 18s. Please click this link: Work Experience Placements / Internships to see what is currently available.
If you would like to apply for any of the placements advertised then please identify the work experience placement in which you are interested in the subject line when you send your CV to Alexandra Miller at email@example.com.