GENERAL LEGAL NOTICES
This website is operated by Walker Books Limited (referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or “Walker Books”). Walker Books is registered in England and Wales under company number
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice (see below).
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the website through your internet connection are aware of the terms of this Agreement and comply with them.
COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in and to this website and all content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, icons, images, image rights and software, is the property of Walker Books and/or its content suppliers. All such rights are expressly reserved. You may print off one copy of any page from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on it. Our status (or that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on this website should always be acknowledged.
“Walker” and the “Bear and candle” logos are registered trademarks of Walker Books. Other images, titles, names, characters and company names mentioned on this website may be the trade names or registered trademarks of Walker Books or their respective owners. All such trade names, logos and trademarks may not be used without our prior written consent or that of the respective owner or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion for customers or that disparages or discredits Walker Books or the respective owner.
You may not use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, communicate to the public, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any images, graphics, files, software, products, information, content or services obtained from this website without our prior written permission. You may not frame any content from this website with advertising, promotional material, information or other content without our prior written consent.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
You warrant to Walker Books that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. It is a condition of using this website that you will not violate or attempt to violate the security or integrity of the website, including, without limit, accessing data not intended for users of the website; attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the website for security breaches; attempting to interfere with service to users of the website (including, without limit, submitting a virus or corrupted data to the website, overloading the website or carrying out any form of denial of service attack, or continuously posting repetitive material on the website); attempting to decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer the content or software comprising or making up any part of the website; and sending unsolicited advertising or other communications to users of the website.
USE OF WEBSITE SERVICES/POSTING CONTENT
Description "Services" means where we provide areas of the website to post and exchange views, information, ideas and opinions (“Postings”), such as the Bear Blog, the Book Reviews section, the Author Questions and Answers section or e-mail function (including, but not limited to, electronic greeting cards) offered as part of our website. The Postings do not represent the views of Walker Books. We are not responsible for the content or opinions posted or sent by users in any Services. We may randomly pre-screen Postings and therefore not all Postings submitted will necessarily be posted via our Services, nor, in respect to the Author Questions and Answers section, can we guarantee a response to a question posed. We will make every effort to ensure that our website best serves your interests and those of all users. We therefore reserve the right to vet, monitor, remove, suspend, destroy and change any Postings and/or content that is available on our Services.
If you find objectionable or offensive material in the Postings, please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing email@example.com
Your Conduct You are solely responsible for the contents of your transmissions through the Services. You take responsibility for Postings under your name and use the information provided in the Services at your own risk. You recognise and accept that the Services provided by us are not intended to be anonymous. Submissions sent include the IP (Internet Protocol) address from which the login session originated with this header information, the source of a message can be narrowed dramatically (often directly to your computer). This is done for the protection of recipients of an e-card and all users of our website. To report a misuse of these Conduct rules and regulations, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using the Services you agree not to:
• use the Services provided for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
• transmit through the Services any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature.
• use the Services for illegal purposes.
• use the Services to advertise or otherwise solicit funds or in such a way as is a solicitation for goods or services.
• post any personal contact details (such as names, email addresses, telephone number, etc).
• You should never reveal via the Services any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address).
• You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your details when using our Services.
• Never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated with in any user-generated content area. Information obtained in this way may not be reliable.
Use of Postings By posting any material as part of any Postings, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid up and sub-licensable right (and grant us all necessary consents and licences) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, annotate, abridge, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any format now known or later developed and via media for any purpose. In doing so you promise that you own or otherwise are able to grant to us all rights in and to the material submitted, that you have obtained all necessary rights, licences and consents in respect of such material to enable us to use the same in accordance with these terms and that use of such material by us will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. Additionally you grant us the right to use your first name and age (if supplied) (but no other personally identifying information) in connection with such material. You waive and agree not to assert any moral or other similar rights you may have in and to such material.
If you do not want to grant us these rights please do not submit any Postings to us.
, please obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you submit any Postings or ask your parent or guardian to submit any Postings on your behalf.
PRIZE DRAW TERMS & CONDITIONS
We may from time to time offer prize draws on our website which shall (unless expressly stated otherwise or if there are some specific terms and conditions applicable to a particular promotion (“Promotion Terms”) in which case the Promotion Terms shall prevail in the event of any conflict with these terms) be governed by the following general terms and conditions:
• No purchase necessary.
• All prize draws featured on our website are promoted by Walker Books Ltd., a company incorporated in England under registered number 1378601 and having its registered office at 87 Vauxhall Walk, London, SE11 5HJ (the "Promoter") and are not open to employees of the Promoter or their families.
• Entries for any prize draw containing invalid e-mail addresses will be automatically disqualified.
• Prize(s) offered for any prize draw are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative; in the event a prize offered is unavailable a similar prize of greater or equal value will be substituted.
• To enter our prize draws you must be resident in the UK or the Republic of Ireland and follow the entry instructions given, providing all the information requested.
• Only one entry may be made per e-mail address to each prize draw.
• Entries received after the closing date for each prize draw as stated will not be considered.
• The winner(s) will be the first entry(ies) selected at random and the runners-up (if any) will be the next entry(ies) selected at random from all complete and eligible entries received and will be notified within 30 days of the closing date.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are late, lost, damaged, illegible or corrupted in transit.
• The winner(s) must claim their prize(s) within 30 days of notification by the Promoter otherwise they will forfeit their prize(s).
• The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• By entering each prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which may be amended at any time by the Promoter.
• The rules of each prize draw shall be governed by UK law.
Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude our liability for:
• death or personal injury arising through negligence;
• fraudulent misrepresentation; or
• anything else that cannot be excluded under English law.
We do not warrant or represent that material downloaded and/or accessed via or from our web site will be free or viruses or other similar contaminants and you should operate the most up-to-date virus protection software at all times.
Other than as stated in this Agreement, we:
• do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from reliance on any information contained in this website;
• do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from any reliance placed on third party content on the website by you or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents;
• disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to any goods on the website and/or the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on our website and will accept no liability for any loss or damage arising out of problems with access to the website and any commentary and other materials posted on our website are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to be relied upon by you; and
• do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or costs suffered or incurred by you arising from viruses or contaminants contracted by you or your machine via accessing or using our website.
We do not endorse and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or content of the website (including any comments, recommendations, Postings or suggestions from readers, Walker Books or others).
While Walker Books uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, Walker Books cannot guarantee its accuracy or that it is free of errors or omissions.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
This website may contain links to third party websites. Walker Books does not endorse such website(s) or their contents and is not responsible for such contents and makes no representations or warranties regarding the contents, accuracy or functionality of such website(s).
NO UNAUTHORISED LINKING
You may not link to or from this website to another website without our prior written consent.
Walker Books, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to deny any user access to this website either in part or as a whole without notice.
MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Walker Books reserves the right to make changes to this website and the terms of this Agreement by placing a notification of such changes on the website’s homepage. You are bound by such revisions once such notification has been placed on the website’s homepage and you continue to use the website. If you do not accept any such changes, you should stop using the website. You should periodically visit this page to review the current terms of the Agreement.
The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to this website. English law will apply to this Agreement.
Please contact webmaster with any questions or problems about the operation of this website.
Walker website powered by Virtusales. Designed by Magic Lantern Productions Ltd.
© 2008 Walker Books Ltd. Registered Number 1378601 England, Registered office: 87 Vauxhall Walk, London SE11 5HJ.
All rights reserved.
All your personal Information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). Walker Books Limited (“we”, “us”) is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
INFORMATION COLLECTION: CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
• No personal Information (such as your name, address or e-mail address) is collected by or should be provided to us, or posted to our website by children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
• Consent from your parent/guardian is not required where Information is sent to us in response to a competition in which case we will hold your Information only for the purposes of administering the contest and notifying winners. We will not require you to give us more Information than is reasonably necessary to take part in any such competition and your Information will be immediately removed from our records once the competition administration is completed.
INFORMATION COLLECTION: CHILDREN AGED 13 OR OVER AND ADULTS
We may collect Information about you when you request any information about us or our goods or services, submit your personal details and/or complete any forms on the website.
• We will not collect any personally identifying information (such as your name, address or e-mail address) other than the Information supplied to us on a voluntary basis as described below.
• When you register for information about us or our on-line activities, subscribe to our newsletter, enter a contest, register to use our Services or participate in a promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, age, gender and e-mail address so we can provide the information, administer the newsletter, promotion or contest and notify winners. We will not, and may not, require you to give us more Information than is reasonably necessary to take part in any activity, contest or promotional offering.
• We will only use your Information for internal record keeping and for sending our newsletter, updates, exclusive extracts or further competitions. You may unsubscribe at any time from any such future mailings by hitting the unsubscribe button at the end of each mailing or by sending us an e-mail as described in Updating Your Information below
• If you have children under the age of 13 we ask you to complete their entry forms for competitions run on this site, signing up for our newsletter(s) or to participate in other activities offered
• We monitor site traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. To learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies. To disable cookies through your browser, follow the steps set out at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Walker does not sell, trade, or rent your personal Information to others.
We may only disclose your Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce the terms of this Agreement and other agreement we may have with you or to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our clients or employees;
• to pass your Information to our affiliates (including, without limit, companies within the Walker Books group.)
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you want to know what Information we collect and hold about you or would like to update or change Information related to your interaction with Walker, please either write to us at:
Data Protection Compliance Officer, Walker Books Limited, 87 Vauxhall Walk London SE11 5HJ
or e-mail your query or changes to privacy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be kept and processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We may also from time to time disclose your Information to other companies within the Walker Books group which are located outside the EEA for internal audit and analysis or general company administration. You consent to our transferring your personal data outside the EEA for these purposes.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
© 2008 Walker Books Ltd. Registered Number 1378601 England, Registered office: 87 Vauxhall Walk, London SE11 5HJ.
All rights reserved.